Giordano Dance Chicago (GDC), America’s original jazz dance company, under the artistic direction of Nan Giordano, presents the world premiere of “Sneaky Pete,” a new full-company work by award-winning Chicago-based choreographer, Brock Clawson at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance, April 1 &, April 2 at 7:30 p.m.
With a theater director’s sensibilities and a unique skill in creating fascinating movement narratives, Clawson has created a deliciously intriguing new work with a nod to film noir. In addition to “Sneaky Pete,” the program will feature these popular works from the company’s repertoire:
• Israeli born Roni Koresh’s critically acclaimed, edgy, intense and dramatic full company work “EXit4” (2013);
• Autumn Eckman’s “commonthread” (2009), performed by the five women of GDC to an eclectic original music composition and live accompaniment by musician Dan Myers;
• Kiesha Lalama’s full-company work “Alegria” (2011), using various movement styles to examine the universal human experience of searching, finding and ultimately accepting joy;
• Jon Lehrer’s “Like 100 Men” (2002), performed by the six men of GDC and which hints at the 1960’s era competitive male swagger and mod aesthetic;
• Gus Giordano’s “Sing, Sing, Sing” (1983), a classic work choreographed in the Giordano Technique style and re-staged for the entire Company of ten dancers.
Tickets are $15-$75. For tickets call 312.334.7777 or visit harristheaterchicago.org.
GDC, now in its 53rd year, is one of the longest running professional dance companies in Chicago and one of very few dance companies in the U.S. to have achieved this milestone. For more information about GDC and their programs, call 312.922.1332 or visit giordanodance.org
Harris Theater for Music and Dance in Millennium Park 205 East Randolph Street, Chicago, Illinois 60601 View Map