Since green smoothies have become all the rage, who's to say the same trend can’t translate to cocktails? This cocktail is all the things you would want in a summer cocktail: light, refreshing, and icy cold. Cucumbers have a very mild flavor that blends well with the fresh mint, lime, and ginger. Another selling point for this libation? It only has 150 calories and less than two grams of sugar per serving, so it's a great option for those looking for a lighter drink that isn’t loaded with sugary syrup. I have a feeling you'll be making this cocktail on repeat over the summer! Leave out the gin to make an equally satisfying mocktail.
Photo Courtesy of Dietician Debbie
CUCUMBER MINT COCKTAIL: Serves 2
4 ounces gin
½ English cucumber (~6 inches)
⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
½ lime, juiced (~1 tablespoon juice)
1 inch fresh, peeled ginger root
1. Divide ice and gin evenly between two 12-ounce glasses.
2. Place cucumber, mint, lime juice, and ginger in a blender and purée until smooth.
3. Press cucumber puree through a cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or coffee filter to remove any solids.
4. Divide strained cucumber juice between two glasses.
5. Top with sparkling water to fill the glass and serve immediately.
Serving size: 12 ounces
Calories: 146 calories
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Sugar: 1.5 grams
Sodium: 0 milligrams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: .5 grams
For more stories like this, visit Dietician Debbie.