Bonnie Hillman Shay knows what it’s like to have boxes, cabinets, and drawers filled with printed photos that you have never done anything with or thousands of digital photos (and videos) on your phone, tablet, and computer. She knows just how to wrangle all of your photos in 2016.
For your printed photos:
• Gather your printed photos in one place.
• Sort your photos chronologically or by theme.
• Edit your photo collection. Let go of poor quality photos. Focus on the real winners!
• Scan your edited photo collection so it is safe, secure, and shareable with others.
• Share your photos. How about creating a photo book of your scanned images?
For your digital photos:
• Centralize your photos and videos into one folder on your computer.
• Organize your photos with meaningful sub-folders. Using year, month, and/or subject matter is helpful (e.g., 2015_07 Camping_Trip).
• Edit your photos periodically. Focus on quality not quantity.
• Back up your photo collection on a regular basis (monthly at a minimum).
• Share your photos. How about printing and framing a few photos? Enjoy your photos instead of being burdened by them. They can be so fun to play with!
Bonnie Hillman Shay is a Certified Professional Photo Organizer based on the North Shore. She helps her clients curate their family photo (and movie) collections, so they are manageable, shareable, safe (backed up), and can be enjoyed now, as well as by future generations. For more information, visit www.MariposaCreativeSolutions.com.
Call In The Pros
CHAOS TO ORDER Get organized with Chaos To Order, Chicagoland’s premiere organizing company since 1990. Our expert organizers will transform any area of
your home or office. Or, purchase the new Be Organized Box ($49.95). You’ll receive tips, tools, and teaching for getting organized in 2016 from Monica Friel, expert organizer of Chaos To Order. www.chaostoorder.com | 847-825-8400
MISSION 2 ORGANIZE Getting organized is one of the most popular New Year’s resolutions. Turning this noble goal into a reality is easier when following these three simple techniques suggested by the professional organizers at Mission 2 Organize: 1. Break It Down. Complete one small space before you move on to the next one. 2. Keep Your Eye on the Prize. Continue to remind yourself why you want to get organized. 3. Ask for Help. Organizing by yourself can be a drag. Your helper can serve as an accountability partner to keep you on track to meet your goals. www.Mission2Organize.com | 773.830.4070