Divorce is painful. But it doesn’t have to be destructive. Collaborative Divorce brings together a team of trained lawyers, mental health professionals, and financial advisors who work with you to reach agreements with privacy and respect. The Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois is dedicated to educating spouses about how they can resolve their divorce conflicts more efficiently and effectively outside of the court system.
There are many benefits to Collaborative Divorce.
- Collaborative Divorce uses a team approach to address the legal, financial, emotional, and parenting aspects of divorce to help a couple focus on the future.
- Collaborative Divorce promotes effective problem solving during divorce, enabling spouses to craft creative solutions to their divorce issues, rather than locking them into playing the “blame game.”
- Collaborative Divorce helps couples create a healthy co-parenting relationship that will enable them to work together to meet their children’s needs both during and after divorce.
- Collaborative Divorce increases the odds that divorcing couples will make agreements they can live with in the long term, thereby reducing the chances that they will end up fighting in court after their divorce.
- Collaborative Divorce allows a couple to protect their privacy and the intimate details of their divorce by negotiating their divorce plan in private meetings rather than in public court rooms.
Finally, using the Collaborative Divorce Process allows couples to get divorced in a civil and respectful manner.
To learn more about Collaborative Divorce, please visit The Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois.