Isn't it ironic that this is the time of year you need/want to look your best (read: parties galore), yet the sheer exhaustion of the season leaves you feeling anything but mistletoe-worthy? Add holiday travel to the mix and you may as well surrender yourself to a ponytail and chapstick now. Seriously though, looking gorgeous shouldn't take more effort than shopping for your mother-in-law.
To prove it, the savvy duo behind Stylisted—a website and mobile app that allows women to book on-location hair styling and makeup appointments from a network of vetted freelance beauty professionals—shared five tips for getting through the holiday season....beautifully.
Quick tips from Julie Carmona and Lauren Katzberg:
- Pack multitasking products to lighten your load, like a chubby eye pencil that work as liner and shadow and a cream blush that doubles as lipstick.
- If you’re traveling with liquids, protect from spills by adding plastic wrap between the cap and opening of the bottle—and to be extra safe, invest in a washable makeup bag.
- Don't let a huge bottle of perfume prevent you from carrying on your luggage. Pop into a department store to get a sample of your scent or take this opportunity to try something new.
- Avoid packing hot tools. Instead, shampoo your hair twice, book a blowout before you hit the road, and invest in a great dry shampoo. The style will last you a few days—and after that, twirl your hair into a chic bun and call it a day. (Early morning flight? No problem! Stylisted doesn’t keep salon hours!)
- Spring for a no-chip manicure, or be sure to bring individual nail polish remover wipes so you avoid unsightly chips, particularly if you’re wearing a dark polish.