alfexe Getty Images/iStockphoto
- Nearly 1 out of 4 children in Chicago live with a single mother
- According to Women Employed, nearly 2/3 of minimum wage workers are women
- According to a 2016 McKinsey&Company report, inequality is high or extremely high on six indicators in work and society:
- LEADERSHIP AND MANAGERIAL POSITIONS
- UNPAID CARE WORK
- SINGLE MOTHERS
- TEENAGE PREGNANCY
- POLITICAL REPRESENTATION
- VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
- There are only 66 women for every 100 men in business-leadership and managerial positions.
- There is one incident of sexual violence for every two women in the United States.