1. Be relevant. Even if you have a calendar of posts, be ready to change on any given day to be part of any big news happening
2. Note the importance of influencers. They can bring "real" eyes to your brand. People want to emulate what they do.
3. Co-branding. This is a game changer for emerging brands with small budgets. Try to sponsor at big events where big name brands have a big footprint. Even if yours is not as big, you get the same traffic.
4. In-kind sponsorships are possible! Companies will often ask for a sponsorship fee up front for a list of places your logo will be seen. Oftentimes, you can still get logo exposure with just an in-kind donation of product or services.
5. Give back. It's important for the community to feel a brand's involvement in social matters. It gives them a chance to connect with the brand on a deeper level.
Vania is a mother of two children, ages 11 and 7, and is currently living in the Miami area while often traveling to work and play in Chicago. She has a Master’s of Science in Global Strategic Communications from Florida International University and has been working in the marketing industry for over 15 years. Currently she is the Director of Marketing & PR in the U.S. for Botran Rum.